Thursday, June 25, 2009



More from my Studio C
I saw an idea for utilizing a closet as a hidden storage area for a work station (mainly a desk with a computer) in a Pottery Barn catalog. Since I wanted to make my closet as stylish as my window treatment, I opted for curtains instead of a door(s). The problem was finding curtain hardware since I chose to recycle old conduit (earth friendly). My brother, Joe, came to the rescue. He created escutcheon plates from a scrap of sheet metal. He added modified copper pipe caps to hold the conduit rod. I painted them black, rubber stamped and embossed them with UTEE, and then hung them up. There were leftover beads from my window treatment (see previous entry) and so I decided to add them to my custom sewn panels to tie the decorating together.
June '09

No comments: