Wednesday, July 15, 2009

One stamp, many looks...
I just LOVE this hydrangea stamp. It's my favorite! So interesting the many looks I got once I started to play with inks and water.

The top left image is distress ink and water misting before I stamped on glossy paper.

The middle image is also distress ink and water misting on glossy paper, but the surrounding color is made with alcohol ink and blending solution on a felt applicator. I added a dot or two of gold leafing pen on the felt and it gave the image a marbled look.

The 3rd image is alcohol ink and a pearl metalic ink with blending solution on a scrap of photo paper. Once dry, the hydrangea was stamped using 2 colors of distress ink at the same time. This was my favorite image and I made it into the card you see.

The small tag started out as a standard manilla tag. I used 3 colors of distress ink and a piece of CutNDry foam to blend them a bit. Then they were spritzed with water and allowed to blend. I stamped the image next with distress ink again and spritzed a 2nd time with water to blend. Once completely dry, I overstamped the tag with a script stamp image.

Lastly, the large paper scrap was a trash item until I added the crackle stamp image to it. It's made completely with distress ink and water misting. Nice watercolor feel.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Gene's Mini Album
Since Uncle Gene couldn't attend our family reunion, which Dave and I hosted, I decided to give him this album for his 94th birthday. It started as a kit which I chose to alter with rubber stamping for a more masculine feel. He was thrilled with it. A perfect gift for such a sweet gentleman.
July 12, 2009