Wednesday, July 15, 2009



One stamp, many looks...
I just LOVE this hydrangea stamp. It's my favorite! So interesting the many looks I got once I started to play with inks and water.

The top left image is distress ink and water misting before I stamped on glossy paper.

The middle image is also distress ink and water misting on glossy paper, but the surrounding color is made with alcohol ink and blending solution on a felt applicator. I added a dot or two of gold leafing pen on the felt and it gave the image a marbled look.

The 3rd image is alcohol ink and a pearl metalic ink with blending solution on a scrap of photo paper. Once dry, the hydrangea was stamped using 2 colors of distress ink at the same time. This was my favorite image and I made it into the card you see.

The small tag started out as a standard manilla tag. I used 3 colors of distress ink and a piece of CutNDry foam to blend them a bit. Then they were spritzed with water and allowed to blend. I stamped the image next with distress ink again and spritzed a 2nd time with water to blend. Once completely dry, I overstamped the tag with a script stamp image.

Lastly, the large paper scrap was a trash item until I added the crackle stamp image to it. It's made completely with distress ink and water misting. Nice watercolor feel.

No comments: